Thursday 12 January 2017

Just keep swimming

Just in case any of you missed the news on my many, many social media outlets...I thought I'd shout a little about it here too. Bella swam on her own! She has been having 1:1 which is actually more like 2:1 for her swimming lessons for months. Water is a hazard for all children but for children like Bella who are unusually fascinated with it, it is a very real danger. Drowning is the biggest cause of death in children with Autism....but enough with the really happy talk *eye roll* 


Ok, so her swimming is more like water-running and it only last seconds but for a child that seeing progress is often a skill on it's own it is so clear here.  She couldn't swim and now she can, sort of. Hours of patience from her teacher is paying off, I'll be honest when I say that I do NOT have the patience for this one. 

So without further ado here it is:




For more info on 1:1 swim lessons in Birmingham please check out the ABC Swim page on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment